GD Energy Products (GDEP) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all team members by fostering and promoting a culture of safety throughout the company. This commitment goes beyond mere compliance with safety standards and regulations. Safety is a shared responsibility. Each person plays a critical role in protecting their own safety as well as the safety of others. A culture of safety involves:
- Recognizing the importance of adhering to the highest standards of safety and occupational health for our employees, visitors, customers and the community around us.
- Incorporating safety as an integral aspect of all operations, including but not limited to customer service, design, production, operations and maintenance, equipment operation, engineering and evaluation of performance.
- Providing employees with safety education targeted to maximize safe work practices and to minimize the potential for injury.
- Establishing an environment where individuals are able to recognize and to report errors and “near misses” without fear of reprimand or punishment.
- Providing appropriate and timely information in response to questions or concerns about environmental health and safety issues.
- Identifying safety issues and finding solutions to them.
- Investigating incidents, disseminating lessons learned from such events, and improving programs, as appropriate, to incorporate improvements identified.
- Creating an environment of collaboration among all stakeholders, including company leadership, managers, supervisors, and all employees to identify and implement solutions for safety issues.
As GDEP team members, we all share the responsibility for prioritizing safety and promoting a positive and productive environment for the entire team. The executive leadership team adheres to and expects all team members to put safety as a priority in everything we do.